Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Polish American Festival

A friend of mine is involved in the Polish American Festival. He had heard the work we did for Aeon and asked if we could write a song for the Polish American Festival. Being that I like trying to do things that I have absolutely no confidence I can pull off and I enjoy being terrified, I said sure!


The theme of the 2009 Minneapolis Polish American Festival was "Polish Hospitality". I interviewed some Polish friends and they helped me come up with a line that is famous in Poland having to do with Hospitality. Sorda like "Home is where you hang your hat", but naturally, about hospitality...there isn't really an American equivalent. I studied as much Polish Folk as I could (which is harder to find than you think) to come up with a chord structure and feel that would make sense. This was really fun and we got to play at the Festival, with an Accordion player, which was a first for me. In short, big challenge and the festival was thrilled with the outcome, as were we.